Creating a piece of art is a journey whose final destination is not known. Whatever the inspiration may be, it is the conversation between this, the artist and medium that triggers the marks that create a new reality. It is during this process that we access the deep well of visual memory that excites us when the work acquires a life of its own on paper or canvas. To be open to the possibilities, to love the medium of choice and know its expressive qualities and limitations, to say something in visual terms that has not been said before – that is what invites and inspires me.
Susan Pratt Sheridan holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst and has continued her studies through workshops, classes and painting trips in the U.S. and Europe.
Her drawings and paintings have been included in national and local juried exhibitions and have received many awards.
She is a signature member of the Rhode Island Watercolor Society, President of the Franklin Art Association, past member of the Franklin Cultural Council, member of the Franklin Cultural District Committee and active in other local art organizations. Her work is shown in many local galleries, and is in private collections across the United States.
She can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News about Susan’s art:
- Next Door Gallery Show Includes Nicholson and Sheridan Works
- Sheridan Paintings On Display at Jane’s Frames
- Congratulations Fall Show Winners
- Pratt-Sheridan Works Featured at Next Door Gallery
- FAA Member Sheridan included in “The Next Door Gallery” Show
- Norfolk Library Group Show Highlights Art from Several FAA Members
- Honorable Mention for Sheridan at Post Road Art Center Open Show
- Congratulations to all of our Fall Show winners!
- Congratulations Winners in the Spring FAA Art Show!
- FAA Artists at the Next Door Gallery in May
Click on an image for more information
All images copyright Susan Pratt Sheridan