Photographing abandoned sites tell a story and document the passage of time. They are places that have been forgotten and left behind for nature to take over. It is a meditation. It is quiet and still. You can hear only sounds of your footsteps, water dripping, the wind. You can smell the age, the mold, the moss. You try not to leave footprints. You don’t want to ruin the appearance of desolation. You want to leave the place as you found it. Move nothing, change nothing. There is beauty in these places. There is history. A freezing of time.
More of Rebecca’s work can be seen at www.skinnerphoto.com
News about Rebecca’s art:
- Skinner Included in South Shore Art Center’s “Out of Order” Exhibit
- Congratulations to all 2016 Spring Show Winners!
- “Reflections: A Photographic Expression”
- Congratulations Fall Show Winners
- Skinner Honored With Best in Show
- Skinner works included in Morini Gallery through December 28th
- Congratulations to all of our Fall Show winners!
- Skinner’s Photography Work at Morini Gallery
- Skinner Included in Zullo Gallery’s 20th Annual Juried Exhibition
- Skinner Included in Cape Cod Art Association “All New England” Exhibit
Click on an image for more information
All images copyright Rebecca Skinner