Marjorie has been in love with photography since receiving her first camera, a Brownie. After painting in oils for several years, she returned to her first love, photography.
Through photography courses at Boston College, where she is a Visiting Scholar, and her experience working with black-and-white film, she came to love the process of creating a finished photo from a negative in the darkroom, skills she now applies to her color photographs in the “digital darkroom.”
Though no longer working in oils, that experience is reflected in her works, which are frequently mistaken for paintings. She has photographed extensively in the northwestern United States and Europe.
She loves capturing the beauty and power of nature, the intricate landscape of cities, finding the large in the small, streets that invite viewers to walk down them, doors that beckon you inside, the colorful splash or eloquent grace of a flower, those small details that are worlds in themselves. She believes we all need beauty to nourish our souls as much as we need bread to feed our bodies.
A member of the Franklin Art Association and the Mansfield Music & Art Society, she has received several awards for her works.
A New England native, she resides in Franklin, MA with her husband Dennis, and is a member of the Franklin Downtown Partnership.
View more of her works at http://wwww.beaux-regards.com.
News about Marjorie’s art:
- Sardella Participating in Morini Gallery “Small Treasures” Exhibit
- “Lichen and Birch” Photo by Marjorie Sardella Accepted Into Morini Gallery Show
- “Reflections: A Photographic Expression”
- Congratulations Fall Show Winners
- Four Sardella Works Exhibiting at Norfolk Public Library Cultural Center
- Congratulations to all of our Fall Show winners!
- Sardella Takes First Place in Foxboro Art Association Fall Member’s Show
- Marjorie Sardella Awarded 2nd Place
Click on an image for more information
All images copyright Marjorie Sardella