Captivated by the way patterns, textures, and light reflect on objects, my work focuses on capturing those reflections on paper. Most of my paintings start with a series of photographs. To achieve a more abstract appearance, the subject is shot close up, at unusual angles, and then arranging and rearranging objects, materials and flowers until I find a pleasing composition. When the brush hits the paper, I am fascinated by the way watercolors mingle together creating exciting new colors. Once I’ve started a painting, it’s hard for me to put down the brush. I can’t wait to see where the process will lead me.
Art has always been Daydre’s passion. She attended Endicott College where she took classes in Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, and Pottery. She started out as a potter, expanded into sculpture, before finding her way to Watercolors. Her award winning work has appeared at various galleries and shows throughout New England.
News about Daydre’s art:
- Congratulations Fall Show Winners
- Congratulations to all of our Fall Show winners!
- Daydre Hamilton’s “Swan Lake” Juried In to RIWS Northeast Competition
- Hamilton Juried In to New England Watercolor Society’s 14th Biennial North American Open Show
- “Reflections III” Yields First Place Award for Daydre Hamilton in Rhode Island Watercolor Society Show
- Congratulations Winners in the Spring FAA Art Show!
- Daydre Hamilton Takes First Place in Water Media Category
Click on an image for more information
All images copyright Daydre Hamilton