I have invented a new style in watercolor that I call Color Weave. After I sketch the image I weave the lines throughout the painting with overlapping transparent color to create the shapes. I enjoy playing with repeating shapes and they are often perceived as hidden images. I believe an expressive painting is more than creating a literal summary of the subject but the result of choices made by the artist; what to eliminate, change or simplify. I love reaching for new territories and adjust my perception of realism versus abstract in the attempt to investigate, develop, test and refine my skills. Each new painting will have an element of personal challenge in which I attempt something I have never done before.
I have a B.A. in art and started my own business, Developing Artists, to teach drawing and painting to children and adults. I enjoy being an artist/teacher but I am fascinated and intrigued by the challenge when I am an exhibit judge. I am an active member of several local art associations and maintain a busy exhibiting schedule in which I have received numerous awards. My artwork can be found in both individual and corporate collections throughout the United States.
News about Lisa’s art:
- Lisa Bailey Receives Honorable Mention at Cape Cod Art Association Exhibit
- Bailey Included in Providence Art Club Open Juried Exhibition
- FAA Artists Included in “Then and Now 2017” Exhibit
- Best in Show for Lisa G. Bailey
- Lisa Bailey Accepted Into Attleboro Museum “Patterns” Show
- Congratulations to all 2016 Spring Show Winners!
- Congratulations to all of our Fall Show winners!
- Congratulations Winners in the Spring FAA Art Show!
- Opening Reception at Audubon’s Moose Hill Wildlife Gallery May 1st
- Lisa Bailey Snags “Best in Show” at Franklin Art Assoc. Fall Show
Click on an image for more information
All images copyright Lisa Bailey